- Step 1: Analyze your face. Locate any skin imperfections as wells as features you want to enhance.
- Step 2: Moisturize your skin. You dont want your skin dehydrated because it will show through the makeup.
- Step 3: Conceal. Locate any blemishes that need covering up. If you have redness use a yellow/green tinted concealer thats more of a cream texture. If you have dark circles, use a concealer that is more liquid form and thats orange tinted. Another option would be a concealer that reflects light (use this only if you dont have bags or puffiness)
- Step 4: Primer. Always use a primer before applying foundation. It will even out the skintone, smooth your skin, and make it easier for your foundation to not streak.
- Step 5: Foundation. Start from the middle and work your way out using downward strokes. If you have a pretty even skintone, you dont need to apply foundation to the entire face, just use where its needed. You could also opt to use a tinted moisturizer.
- Step 6: Eyes. Apply any excess foundation to the lid. For colors, you dont have to use color at all, but for Tasha, I chose a dark blue eyeshadow because her eyes are brown since blue enhances brown. For green eyes, use a dark purple. For blue eyes, use a dark brown.
- Step 7: Powder. Apply a translucent, matifying powder all over the face to set your foundation and help eliminate shine.
- Step 8: Brows. Use a brow color that matches the color of the roots of your hair and follow your natural brow structure. I would recommend using a powder form for this look because a pencil might come out a bit too harsh.
- Step 9: Lashes. Curl your lashes and apply mascara. You could apply it to your bottom lashes as well but only if you really need it.
- Step 10: Prep lips. Use a primer or lip balm on your lips to smooth out fine lines and wrinkles and to moisturize.
- Step 11: Lipstick or Lipgloss. Apply a beige or pinky beige lipstick or lipgloss to your lips.
Products I Would Recommend:
- Moisturizer: Clinique Dramatically Different
- Concealer: Benefit Boing (blemishes) Bobbi Brown 'Salmon' (undereye)
- Primer: Smashbox Photo Finish Primer
- Lip Primer: MAC Prep + Prime Lip
- Lipstick: MAC 'Cream Cup'
- Lipgloss: MAC 'Fashion Scoop'