Pages

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Victorias Secret PRO Smooth FX Lip Scrub and Balm


One of my friends, who is also a makeup artist asked me about this product a couple of weeks ago so I told her after I had tried it for about a month I would post a review about it! So, here are my thoughts! This is for you Nalei! lol

VS PRO Smooth FX Lip Scrub and Balm $14



Description:
A two in one lip sugar scrub and lip balm to help with dry lips and flaking. Its very grainy so it might seem harsh to some people. The sugar scrub smells good, but the balm doesnt have much of a smell. The lip balm has a purple pink color but goes on clear and it even tingles, feels just like the MAC Plushglasses, so if you dont like those, you might have a problem with the lip balm. I found that the balm wore okay under lipstick, and it even made my lipstick look glossy, which I think was really neat!

Usage:
Take about a pea sized glob of the sugar scrub and rub it all over your lips for 20-30 seconds. Wipe off with a tissue (I prefer a warm wet hand towel because it leaves tiny grains if I just wipe it off with a tissue) and apply the lip balm after. Use about 1-2 times a week depending on your lip condition. I like to use this mainly at night but it can be used during the day.

Results:
Very smooth and moisturized lips. The sugar scrub helped me for at least 3 days before it felt like I needed to do it again. It has moisturizing ingredients in them which feel a bit oily when you first use it but when you wipe it off it doesnt leave a greasy residue. I use the lip balm every night and it really really helps with the dryness and I still have some on in the morning so it lasts very long.

Other Thoughts:
My friend wanted this product to use on her clients, and I think the sugar scrub would be great to use for photoshoots. For weddings I would give the bride a sample size to do her scrub the night before to avoid any mishaps the day of. The balm, because it has a tingly minty sensation, some people arent use to it so I wouldn't recommend the balm to be used on clients. Also, because its in a pot form, you would have to scoop it out with a palette knife and then apply, which could become wasteful.


Have you tried this product yet? What are your favorite lip scrubs?

1 comment:

Red Lips, Black Hair said...

Great review! Very informative! The products look so yummy!