Pages

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

e.l.f. Mineral Haul! Swatches and Review!

Time for another haul post!!

I bought a BUNCH of e.l.f. products last month because of their 50% off promotion, and it has taken me soooo loooong to review because I got so many things! I never tried e.l.f. before so I wanted to take my time to test the products out before saying anything about them.

Mineral Eyeshadows


Top Row L-R: Elegant, Golden, Wild
Bottom Row L-R: Socialite, Celebrity

L-R: Elegant, Golden, Wild, Socialite, Celebrity
Elegant - peachy nude, frosty finish
Golden - bronzy gold
Wild - golden dark brown
Socialite - grayish plum
Celebrity - taupe light brown

Top Row L-R: Earthy, Outdoorsy
Bottom Row L-R: Dreamy, Beachy
L-R: Earthy, Outdoorsy, Dreamy, Beachy
Earthy - golden khaki
Outdoorsy - deep forest green
Dreamy - seafoam aqua blue
Beachy - ocean blue

Overall Thoughts:
These shadows transfer really well and blend incredibly well also. They all have a bit of shimmer in them which is really pretty, but they can be very messy because they are all loose minerals. The size of them arent bad considering the price, so I would definetly recommend these to try because they do have some really pretty colors =)

Mineral Booster and Blush

Top: Booster in Sheer
Bottom: Blushes in Joy and Coral


Joy, Coral and Sheer Booster
Sheer Booster - translucent nude
Joy Blush - mauvy pink
Coral Blush - orangy coral

Overall Thoughts:
A little disappointed with these because they go on soooo sheer! You really need to apply a lot of product to get the color it looks in the pot. However, they do blend really nicely and I feel work best over a cream colored blush to pull out the color more. The sheer booster is like a set powder. It does matify the face, but its a bit drying.

Mineral Lipsticks

L-R: Natural Nymph, Runway Pink, Cool Coral


L-R: Natural Nymph, Runway Pink, Cool Coral
Natural Nymph - pale light beige, matte finish
Runway Pink - light white pink, matte finish
Cool Coral - orangy bronze coral, shimmery finish

Overall Thoughts:
Again, I was a bit disappointed with these because Natural Nymph and Runway Pink are just waaaay to light for me, it completely wipes out my lips. Runway Pink looks great in the photo and swatched, but it goes on really white and light. Cool Coral is the only one out of the three that I would actually use. Its a really pretty coral with golden flecks in it. However, these lipsticks are a bit drying and dont go on very evenly. I would recommend filling in your lips with a creamy liner before wearing these.

Mineral Lipliner and Lipgloss

Lipiner in Coral? No Label on it..
Lipgloss in Trophy Wife, but label says Twilight for some reason...


Coral and Trophy Wife
 Coral Lipliner - orangy coral
Trophy Wife Lipgloss - clear with gold flecks

Overall Thoughts:
I bought the Coral lipliner because I thought it would match perfectly with the Cool Coral lipstick, and it does! Very pretty coral color and glides on pretty smoothly... nothing special, but it does its job. Trophy Wife I bought just because it reminded me of Nars Moon Fleet, which I loooove! It has a more golden tone to it and surprisingly, its not too sticky! Looks great over any lipcolor to add a bit of sparkle =)

Free Gift - Eyeshadow Quad in Drama



So this is the free gift I got with my purchase, and these colors are actually really pretty! Perfect to use for a silvery smokey eye, and the highlight color is matte, which I like, and the other colors are really really sparkly as you can tell in the photo. The swatches didnt come out very pigmented so to get a more opaque color, you would need to apply a few times and blend blend blend! But, as some of you know... Im am really picky about packaging, and I dont like the packaging at all, I feel it looks a bit cheapy.. idk.. Im wierd like that.. And I took out the sponge applicator it came with because I never use those =)

Have you tried any of their mineral products before? What did you think of them? Would you try these products?

6 comments:

Vijaya said...

I believe they're doing a mineral promotion right now, right? Like 10 free mineral shadows, or something. =]

Janalyn said...

They are!! Wow! I just checked their website and it does say 10 free mineral shadows with $25 purchase! Oh man.. I should have waited now! lol but I guess its a good way to test out their minerals =)

April K said...

Haven't tried the mineral products yet only because mineral makeup is soo messy! but I def want to try some of the mineral lipsticks. you should sign up for ELF emails because they have promotions almost daily!

Vulcan_Butterfly said...

I have never tried e.l.f. before, but the mineral shadows look really nice!

Leigh said...

i really like the eye colors-those are the products i would most likely use! i am disappointed about the lipsticks, but the coral shade is gorgeous! thanks for the helpful review!

thelibertybelleblog.blogspot.com

Red Lips, Black Hair said...

Hot daym everything looks so pretty! Love the quad, it's so sparkly! <3 Too bad the l/s turned out to be sheer. :/