Pages

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

My First Birchbox!! *Pic Heavy

If you haven't heard of Birchbox already... it is a program that you can join to receive samples every month from different beauty brands for $10/month. I was curious to see what kinds of products they sent and whether or not it was worth it, so I signed up last month and I finally got my first box today!! Yay!! So I wanted to share with you all what they sent me because I was soooo excited, I opened it right away!!


The box it came in

Neatly wrapped and packaged

The Goodies inside!
Top Row: Tiny Prints Card
Middle Row: Oribe Beautiful Color Shampoo and Conditioner (2 Packs), Archipelago Pomegranate Soap, Erno Laszlo Transphuse Night Serum, Bulgari Mon Jasmin Noir
Bottom Row: Stila Eyeshadow Refill Black Cat

Stila Black Cat

Stila Black Cat Back of Box


Stila Black Cat Swatched
 Stila Eyeshadow Refill 'Black Cat' 0.09oz
Retail Price: $18
I was most excited about getting this because I never tried any Stila eyeshadows before! And Im pretty sure this is the full sized refill (Im just going to have to buy an empty palette and fill it up with more!) It goes on sheer to medium but it has a really nice sparkle to it, which you probably cant see in the photo. I would definetly recommend using this over an eye primer because when blended out, you get more sparkle than color. Very pretty and sparkly!!

Archipelago Pomegranate Soap and Erno Laszlo Transphuse Night Serum


Design on the Archipelago Soap
Archipelago Pomegranate Soap 6.8oz
Retail: $12.50
This soap contains white tea and pomegranate in it, which is great because the white tea fights off free radicals! It has a really clean smell to it which is nice, but when I first smelled it, it made me sneeze for some reason... The design on the soap is so pretty!

Erno Laszlo Transphuse Night Serum 1oz
Retail: $190
The description says it is a "wrinkle-fighting wonder" and its also supposed to firm skin. I was a little disappointed at the size of this because if you use it on your entire face, you probably will only get one use out of this tiny sample. I dont have many wrinkles on my face YET so I wouldnt really be able to tell the difference if I used this. But, it doesnt hurt to start anti-aging now, at $190 full size, this thing better work! lol


Oribe Beautiful Color Sampoo and Conditioner
Oribe Beautiful Color Shampoo and Conditioner .23oz
Its described as 'ultra-gentle formulas have tons of nourishing ingredients to keep strands bright and shiny'. I need bright and shiny!! I think from the description though its probably made for color treated hair, which I dont have but if its nourishing, it wouldnt hurt to use =))



Bulgari Mon Jasmin Noir
Bulgari Mon Jasmin Noir 50ml
Retail: $80
This is Bulgari's newest fragrance which came out in March I believe, and there was a lot of hype about it so I was glad to see this in the box although its been a few months since it first launched. It has a sweet and musky smell to it at first and then turns more floral, and from the name, it has Jasmine infused in it as its base note. It has a more sophisticated smell, and Im more of a light and fresh kind of person so this fragrance was a bit too bold for me.

Description card

Description Card
Overall, I was pretty happy with the samples they sent. Is it worth $10? hmm.. probably not, but I think its more of the surprise and fun of opening the box every month =) I love surprises and I always get excited when I see a box laying at the front of my door, so I will be signing up again for next month!

Would you pay $10 every month for these samples? Have you tried Birchbox before?

5 comments:

Vijaya said...

I haven't done Birchbox, because I'm not sure how I feel about paying for a complete surprise. xP

aly7 said...

wow such great stuff!
i recently made another blogspot
follow me-
www.seventhingsbeauty.blogspot.com

Red Lips, Black Hair said...

HAY you just got your first Birchbox too! YAY! I really wanted those shampoo and conditioner samples! :( Lucky!
I loved the fragrance, i'm getting the full size.

Anonymous said...

I live in O'ahu and have been a birchbox member for almost 7 months now. I still haven't received a stilla eyeshadow yet. You are so lucky!

I love your blog. I can't wait to see more birchboxs. Maybe we can compare notes! haha.

Janalyn said...

Jenkakio - we should compare notes!! Good idea =)