Pages

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Review: July's Birchbox




Since I didnt do a reveal about what I got in July's Birchbox, I thought I would do a review of all the products I got since I actually used all of them this past month. The results were very good actually and it will probably help me in making future decisions about certain beauty products =)

Zoya Touch Collection in 'Shay' $8 0.5ml




Description:
"Zoyas new Touch Collection has three spot-on taupe shades for your minimalist pleasure...extremely opaque with just a touch of shimmer...they also last about 50% longer than other brands - after a full week of wear, you will still be chip-free."

Review:
Ive never owned any Zoya nail polishes before this, and now I think to myself.. "Why the heck not?!" these polishes are so awesome! They are super opaque, one coat covered majority of my nail, and with hardly any streaks! It has a slightly glossy finish which is also really great, I didnt even use a topcoat in the photo! Just used two coats. The color 'Shay' that I got is a beautiful pinky nude with warm taupy undertone, very chic and elegant, it would be a great color to use for a wedding! They dry fully in about 10 minutes and they do live up to claim that they last long! I fool around on my guitar a lot (trust me, I am no Jimi Hendrix), and the nails on my right hand always chip because of the contact my nails get with the strings... and the polish didnt come off one bit! Amazing! I will definetly be buying other colors in the future =P

Philosophy Purity Made Simple One Step Facial Cleanser $32 16oz



Description:
"The award winning , one step daily facial cleanser removes makeup, cleanses, tones, and lightly hydrates the skin. Quickly dissolves dirt, oil and makeup to deep clean pores while maintaining the skins proper moisture levels. Gentle enough for the eye area and even for the most sensitive skin."

Review:
Ive seen this product so many times at department stores and of course Sephora... but since I break out easily, I was a little weary about trying it. But miraculously, this facial cleanser didnt make me breakout, and it really helped to hydrate my skin a bit. Its kind of watery, which I didnt really like, but it does help to take off my makeup well. The great thing about this product is that its gentle enough to use around the eye area! Most cleansers always say to avoid the eye area, but this stuff doesnt sting or irritate your eyes, it just takes away the makeup! Im really looking into buying the full sized product, but since I got another facial cleanser sample in August's Birchbox, Im going to test that one out first =)


AHAVA Mineral Hand Cream $20 3.4oz



Description:
"Loaded with soothing minerals, this healing cream also helps with irritated skin and eczema. Made with pure Dead Sea minerals, this smooth, quick-absorbing lotion deeply hydrates dry skin and rough fingers. The key to this light but nourishing cream is AHAVA’s Mineral Skin Osmoter™, which is a potent compound of magnesium, calcium, potassium, and zinc that is designed to create the optimal balance in your skin. It helps to draw the moisture from the lower levels of skin to the surface to keep hands soft and healthy. Witch hazel helps and allantoin repairs cracked skin."

Review:
This was an 'ok' product for me.. It has a powdery smell which some people might like, I didnt really mind the smell... but it kind of made my hands feel a little greasy... It soaked it really quickly though, which is a plus, and it did make my hands feel softer since it hydrated fairly well. It left a little sheen on my hands which I didnt quite care for. I still like the Seed Bodycare Hand Cream better =)
  
Redken Shine Flash 02 Glistening Mist (only available at Redken Salons)



Description:
"Redkens signature Shine-On Complex as antioxidant-rich camelina oil and vitamin B5 to condition strands. It smoothes the surface of hair to give you a mirror-like finish. Use on dry hair to tame flyaways and add a shiny finish to hair. Appropriate for all hair types."

Review:
I instantly loved this product the first time I tried it, and it was also the product I was most excited to test out =) It really does give your hair a nice and healthy shine. I like to lightly mist this all over my hair and then comb it out so it spreads evenly. If I have any strays or flyaways, I will spray it directly onto my palms and smooth it over my hair. It gives your hair a healthy and glossy appearance. It smells really good too! Be careful not to use too much of this product, if you do, it will make your hair feel greasy! Less is more with this stuff! Oh and use it only on dry hair =)


 

2 comments:

Vijaya said...

That polish looks awesome!

Sharon said...

your Zoya nail polish is such a perfect neutral colour... one that every girl should have in their collection!

http://primpedandprimed.blogspot.com/